Nutty Breakfast “Cookie”
Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup honey
2 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup pistachios, chopped
¼ cup cashews, chopped
½ cup banana, peeled, mashed
1 ½ cup apples, peeled, cored, diced
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine eggs, vanilla, honey, oil, pistachios, cashews, banana and apple in large mixing bowl.
- Combine oats, flour and cinnamon in separate mixing bowl.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures until thoroughly mixed.
- Separate into ⅓ cup portions. Place portions on parchment lined baking sheet about ½-inch apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack until warm.
Nutty Breakfast "Cookie" Calories 439; Fat 11.98g; Protein 12.94g; Carbohydrate 71.24g; Fiber 6.36g; Cholesterol 53mg; Sodium 23mg; Calcium 45mg; Vitamin A 110 IU; Vitamin C 2.16mg; Iron 3.89mg