Tags: Education, In This Issue, Parenting
2012 TOP TEN KID-TESTED, KID-APPROVED TOY RESULTS ANNOUNCED
Drum Roll Please! The annual Top Ten Kid-Tested, Kid-Approved Toy List is…
It is the year of important "votes", 2012! Adults voted for political candidates while young visitors to The Children's Museum of Indianapolis cast their ballots for favorite new toys of the season. Decisions were not made lightly. The hottest new toys were tried and tested in The Museum Store. Playthings that passed the test earned thumbs up by our inquisitive kid experts. Our young voters may not recognize it, but interactive, educational toys that spark imagination and creativity top the list…just the way The Children's Museum of Indianapolis likes it.
1. Toop Top (made by Tosy) - a motorized, stackable, light-up top that can battle with other Toop Tops
2. Train Table (made by Brio) - children's train table with wooden tracks, trains and toy figures
3. Remote Control Car (made by Hot Wheels) - Camaro with lots of power and a full function remote control
4. Stomp Rocket (made by The D & L Company) - a stomp of your foot and a blast of air propels the foam rocket a hundred feet into the air
5. Do A Dot (made Do A Dot) - paint colors in sponge-tip bottles that serve as the paint applicators
6. Spooner Board (made by Spooner Inc.) - a virtually indestructible balance board that spins, flips, slides, wobbles and more
7. Micro Drifters Zip Cars (made by Daydream Toy) -vibrating bristles power vehicles around an interchangeable track
8. Rody-Inflatable horse (made by Gymnic) – made of latex-free vinyl that helps children learn balance and coordination while having a great time bouncing
9. Hyper Wheels (made by Hot Wheels) -two motorcycles on a launcher that speed off when a lever is pulled
10. Stunt Remote Control Car (made by Mindscope) -it spirals, spins, flips over, does wheelies and has multi-colored lights
Santa will no doubt be checking this list twice as will adults in need of holiday gift ideas for the children in their lives. "A plethora of options can seem overwhelming for adults trying to differentiate what toy is best for what age group or what object may provide the most engagement," said Dr. Jeffrey H. Patchen, president and CEO, The Children's Museum of Indianapolis. "Our wonderful employees are on hand to share the results of the test and help make the gift selection process less formidable."
Also for the holidays, a Black Friday 30% discount will be available on Nov. 25, 2012 from 8:30-10 a.m. for all purchases made within The Museum Store during The Children's Museum's annual Santa's Big Arrival event. Shipping and gift wrapping are available. In addition to purchases within The Children's Museum Store, museum memberships also make a great family or grandparent holiday purchase. Memberships may be purchased at the museum, online at www.childrensmuseum.org/membership or by calling (317) 334-4000. Museum admission is not required to visit The Museum Store. Store hours are from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays; the store will be open until 2 p.m. on Dec. 24 to make those last minute holiday purchases.