Tags: Online Spotlight
Lemonade Day Indianapolis
Lemonade Day is inspiring the next generation of Hoosier entrepreneurs! Launched in the Greater Indianapolis area by entrepreneur Scott Jones in 2010, Lemonade Day is a FREE initiative for kids of all ages that teaches them how to start, own, and operate their own business: a lemonade stand. Last year, 15,000 kids across the nine-county region participated, generating an estimated $2.4 million in revenues from their lemonade stands and over $800,000 in donations to the charities of their choice.
Lemonade Day works like this:
· Kids sign up online or at any one of these locations: http://indianapolis.lemonadeday.org/backpack-pickup/
· They get a Lemonade Day backpack that contains two workbooks, one for the child and one for the "mentor" (parent, Girl Scout Troop leader, teacher)
· Children work through 14 lessons (at home) about how to start and operate their own lemonade business
· They can participate in our free workshops and contests (optional)
· They set up lemonade stands on Lemonade Day, Saturday, May 18th
· They keep the money they earn and we teach them to "spend, save and share" their profits
We have several fun and FREE workshops coming up, no RSVP required! You can sign up for Lemonade Day at any one of these workshops and then stay for the fun!
· "Design Your Stand" Workshop, Saturday March 30th, 11-1pm @ the Jordan YMCA
· "Kidz Biz" Workshop, Saturday, April 6th, 1-4pm @ Indianapolis Public Library – Central Library Branch
· "Philanthropy Fair", Tuesday, April 9th, 6-8pm @ JCC Indianapolis