Tags: Local Guides
1. Fruit and cheese shish kabobs
2. Whole grain cereal (add fruit!)
3. Egg on a whole grain bagel or whole grain waffle
4. Hummus with carrots, pretzel chips, pita chips, and celery
5. Whole grain noodles with shredded chicken, pesto, and cheese
7. Yogurt Parfait with fruit
8. Mini pizzas on a whole grain bagel or pita bread, sauce, and 3 pepperonis. Also sprinkle some shredded cheese.
9. Trail mix ingredients: 1/4 cup each: whole-grain cereal, raisins or dried cranberries, and 2 tablespoons each: sunflower seeds or chopped nuts
10. Celery with peanut butter and raisins (ants on a log!)
11. Whole grain waffles with peanut butter (substitute white bread for whole grain waffles)
12. Strawberry and cream cheese sandwich
13. Homemade salsa—cut up assorted peppers, tomato, a hint of onion, and a hint of salt and lime juice
14. Banana and Nutella sandwich on whole-wheat bread with some sprinkled raisins
15. Watermelon balls, cantaloupe balls, melon balls (get out your small ice cream scoop!)
16. Peanut butter and jelly bread rolls (looks like a cinnamon roll when its done!)
17. Cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches
18. Pancakes with blueberries, strawberries, mangos, raspberries, etc.
19. Edible veggie bowls: large red pepper filled with chopped up carrots, 3 different colors of peppers, cucumber, snap peas, and celery
20. Potato with broccoli
21. Pita pocket sandwiches: cut a pita sandwich in half, spoon low-fat ricotta and apple slices inside. Don't forget the cinnamon!
22. Sunflower seeds
23. Greek yogurt with frozen grapes, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, etc.
24. Low-fat microwave popcorn tossed with Parmesan cheese
25. A small amount of guacamole or low-fat bean dip, and baked snack chips or toasted whole-wheat pita bread, broken into chips
26. Low-fat ice creams or frozen yogurt topped with fresh fruit
27. Snack size (8 ounce) box of low-fat plain or chocolate milk and whole-wheat pretzels
28. Whole-grain crackers, string cheese, and mango slices
29. Cooked or raw vegetables with low-fat dressing, and a hard-boiled egg
30. Instant oatmeal made with milk in the microwave with 1 teaspoon cocoa powder stirred in and topped with sliced raspberries or strawberries
31. Whole-wheat pretzels with peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter
32. Cherry chocolate smoothie: Combine 1 cup low-fat milk, ˝ cup vanilla low-fat yogurt, ˝ cup frozen or fresh pitted cherries, and 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth
33. Mini bagel spread with low-fat cream cheese and strawberry jam, and low-fat milk
34. Half a sandwich and glass of orange juice fortified with calcium and vitamin D
35. Hard-boiled egg and whole-grain roll
36. Pistachios in the shell and glass of chocolate milk
37. Substitute cottage cheese for veggie dip
38. Rice cakes made from whole-grain rice. They come in many flavors and can be served without toppings.