Tags: Local, News
October 01, 2011>Energy Efficiency Kit from IPL
Indianapolis Power & Light is offering their customers an opportunity to get FREE help in saving energy and money. Simply complete the questions in IPL's online Home Energy Inspector and they will send you a free energy efficiency kit to help you save energy around your home:
The kit contains:
- Two 13-watt and two 19-watt Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs): These bulbs provide the same amount of light as 60-watt and 75-watt standard incandescent bulbs, but last up to 10 times longer and are nearly four times more energy efficient. Put them in your most frequently-used light fixtures for maximum savings.
- One standard chrome low-flow showerhead and one dual swivel low-flow showerhead: These super-efficient showerheads will help you enjoy a full force shower while you save water and automatically cut your energy bill.
- Three faucet aerators: These aerators help conserve water and reduce splashing.
- Hot water gauge: This handy card will help you see if your water heater is set too high. Turning it down to 120º can save you money.
- Refrigerator thermometer: The thermometer helps ensure that your refrigerator is at the optimum setting for both energy efficiency and food safety.
Indy's Child Wishes Our Friend Trisha Shepherd Well in New Endeavors
RTV 6 Anchor Trisha Shepherd has left television News to join the Communications Department at Riley Children's Foundation.
During her tenure at RTV 6, Shepherd has served as co-anchor for the 6, 7, and 11 p.m. newscasts. She has also reported from the field, covering the eastside tornadoes, Indianapolis 500 Race Day and many other events. She shared the Indiana Broadcasters Association Spectrum Award for Best Newscast in 2009 and has contributed her own parenting blog on TheIndyChannel.com.
Trisha has also been a contributing blogger as well as a friend of Indy's Child Magazine. We wish her well she pursues her new journey at Riley Children's Foundation.
Susan G. Komen's October Fundraising Events Hosted by Local Sponsors
Panera - Pink Ribbon Bagels Friday, October 7th - Panera is launching its annual Pink Ribbon Bagel fundraiser by donating 100% of proceeds from all Pink Ribbon Bagel sales that day! For the remainder of October, Panera will donate 15 cents from each. If you would like a free sample, Panera is again partnering with B105.7 to host Bagels on the Circle on Thursday, October 6th.
Lux Restaurants - Tour du Tuesdays Every Tuesday in October (4th, 11th, 18th, 26th), Lux Restaurants will donate 15% of proceeds from all five of its restaurants: Nickel Plate Bar & Grill, Binkley's Kitchen & Bar, Elbow Room Pub, Broad Ripple Tavern and Meridian Restaurant & Bar.
Sensu - Survivor & Supporter Celebration
Friday, October 14th - Sensu downtown is having a fundraising dinner from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tickets will be $40 a piece. After 8 p.m., people can get free admission to the nightclub by bringing a bra as their cover charge - the bras will be donated to Goodwill, and Sensu will donate the cover fees to Komen.
Sun Tan City - Sunless Tanning
Weekend of October 15th & 16th - Sun Tan City locations throughout Central Indiana will donate 100% of proceeds from every $5 spray-on tan sold.
Southland Skate - Skate For The Cure
Southland Skate is donating $1 from each admission and $5 for each birthday party. Their Skate For The Cure on Saturday, October 22nd will give participants unlimited skating from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., with 100% of admissions going to Komen.
Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's SymFUNy Sundays
Children can wiggle and giggle in their seats all they like during the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's SymFUNy Sundays concert series, a set of four Sunday matinee performances in the 2011-2012 season that feature engaging music and interactive entertainment at family-friendly prices. Presented by Dow Agrosciences, SymFUNy Sundays replaces the ISO's Family Series and includes even more artists, special guests and activities designed with young audiences in mind. Four-concert SymFUNy Sundays packages are on sale now at the Hilbert Circle Theatre Box Office by calling (317) 639-4300 or online at www.IndianapolisSymphony.org.