Let us help you plan your family fun as we showcase all the happenings of the city! From the latest news to the latest events, we've got you covered. Interested in being featured? Click here to email our Web Editor
to be included!
August 30, 2012 | 01:10 PM
WHAT: 12-year-old child chef Remmi Smith of the health-based cooking show "Cook Time with Remmi" will be teaching healthy cooking ideas to visitors at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis on Sept. 1 & 2 at 12:30 and 3 p.m.
WHEN: Cooking demo filming opportunity: Sept. 1 at 12:30 p.m.; media availability immediately after.
WHERE: The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, 3000 N. Meridian St.
DETAILS:This Saturday, Chef Remmi Smith will be greeting young visitors at The Children's Museum to teach families healthy eating tips and recipes they can create at home.
Chef Remmi is Sodexo's newly appointed Student Ambassador for Nutrition and Health, and is host of the popular Internet and TV cooking show, Cook Time with Remmi(tm). In her role with Sodexo (The Children's Museum food service provider), Remmi works with the culinary team on creating fun and healthy recipes that students will enjoy, while also providing a variety of healthy living tips that resonate with younger-aged students.
Not yet a teenager, in addition to her culinary achievements, Remmi has already built up an incredible resume of honors and awards including:
* being named recipient of the prestigious Amazing Kid Award in 2010 by the non-profit organization, Amazing Kids
* selected as one of seven "Rock Star" learners from across the country by Apple Computers
* named one of the "Top 20 to Watch" by The Century Council
* featured presenter at the 2012 National School Board Association Conference and the 2012 National Restaurant Association conference
* presented to Members of Congress and their children on Capitol Hill
* Remmi's Italian Salad Dressing is marketed at Whole Foods Market Stores in bulk and retail