Let us help you plan your family fun as we showcase all the happenings of the city! From the latest news to the latest events, we've got you covered. Interested in being featured? Click here to email our Web Editor
to be included!
Meet Fun-Loving Ghouls as Park is Transformed into the Haunted Town of ‘Conner Scairie’
September 26, 2013 | 09:45 AM
"Conner Scairie" will rise up out of Conner Prairie Interactive History Park's historic grounds on select nights in October for the 30th anniversary celebration of Headless Horseman, presented by BMO Harris Bank. Visitors can still enjoy the beloved Headless Horseman haunted hayride, but this annual event has been transformed into a new experience for visitors of all ages. Guests are encouraged to come in costume to this year's event.
The Conner Scairie Experience
Conner Scairie is a monster world inhabited by comical, fun-loving ghouls. It's been left leaderless after its former mayor, Lord Moldywart, accidentally turned himself into a bunny with an errant spell. Now it's up to the humans who visit Conner Scairie to elect the new mayor. Six of Conner Scairie's illustrious citizens are vying to take control of this haunted town. Who will you vote for?
Enter the gates, if you dare, to meet Conner Scairie's fun-loving ghouls and participate in new activities, including:
- Dr. Acula's Monsters and Magical Creatures Show – A comical introduction to the town of Conner Scairie and the monsters who inhabit its grounds, presented by the vampire and expert in monsters, magic and all things pertaining to the underworld.
- Beautisha's Magical Tips for a More Beautiful You – Beautisha, the cosmetics-loving witch, will share her magical secrets to achieving "true" monster beauty in this hilarious show full of crazy concoctions. Be prepared, she will need help from the audience.
- Ed's Electrical Spectacle – Ed, the mad scientist, and his assistant, Ezmerelda, will demonstrate the power of electricity and attempt to bring their latest creation to life!
- Holly's Hollow – Child monster, Holly Ween, will invite visitors ages 8 and younger to romp through her wooded trail containing magical creatures and fairy houses. Make it through the path to her chute and enjoy sliding down on potato sacks. Then stop and hear Holly's family-friendly, magical stories, perfect for the little ones.
- Crane Bros. Superstition Emporium – Join Ichabod Crane's brother and sister, Ingelbert and Ilka Crane, as they show off amulets, superstitious charms and try to spook visitors with their stories of ghostly encounters.
- Harry Howler's Scary-o-ke – This crazy crooning werewolf will pass the microphone to visitors who dare to out-sing him.
More Spooky Fun
- Haunted Hayride – Take a hayride through the haunted grounds, but watch out for the Headless Horseman and his swinging sword.
- Flying Monkeys – Use a catapult to launch a ball of flying monkeys and see how far they will go.
"The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" Animated Film – The beloved Disney classic will be showing throughout the night in Lenape Indian Camp.
- Legend of Sleepy Hollow Marionette Show – Hear the story of Ichabod Crane in this comical retelling of the famous tale.
- Mystic Tent – Have your fortune told by Conner Scairie's resident mystic.
- Costume Fashion Show – Visitors are invited to attend this year's event in costume and step onto the runway to show off their spooky, scary and crazy costumes (ongoing).
- Face Painting – Stop by the face-painting booth, presented by Hug-a-Bug, and choose your favorite design. (Additional fee.)
- Rhythm Fun with Bill Bailey – Get into the rhythm of fun by trying out drums, symbols and instruments of all kinds. Fun for kids of all ages.
- Crafts – Let your creativity run wild as you make a spooky craft to take home.
Vote for the Mayor of Conner Scairie
After meeting the ghoulish residents of Conner Scairie and spooking up some fun, drop your ballot into the smoking cauldron and cast your vote for the new mayor. Results will be announced via social media, Conner Prairie's website, and live at the festival on the last night of the event. Will your favorite ghoul win?
Hours and Admission
BMO Harris Bank Headless Horseman runs Oct. 11-13, 17-20 and 24-27. Gates are open from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Activities and hayrides may run past 10 p.m. Presale tickets are available at select central Indiana Marsh, Mainstreet and O'Malia's locations. Thursdays and Sundays, tickets are $10 presale, $12 at the gate, free for all members. Fridays and Saturdays, tickets are $14 presale, $16 at the gate, free for Plus-Level members and above.