Our list of family friendly summer fun in Indianapolis! We'll share activities and attractions in Indy as well as other boredom busters to keep kids entertained!
June 04, 2013 | 02:59 PM
Pick your own produce at your Local farm! Berry plants are low to the ground, so it's an easy and fun activity for little ones. Most farms will only charge around $1-4/lb. Call ahead to ask about size of the berries, to confirm hours, and see what else the farm has to offer!
Tips for Berry Picking:
- Dress in comfortable clothes you don't mind getting dirty.
- Bring water and sunscreen on a hot day.
- Extra wet wipes for sticky fingers!
- Teach your kids which berries to pick and which to leave on their stem. (Leave the green berries so they can ripen!)
- Try not to eat the berries at the farm, save them for later!
Some farms around Indy:
Treats to make with your freshly picked berries:
- Strawberry Smoothies
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Pies
- Strawberry Muffins
- Strawberry spinach salad
- Or top them on your favorite ice cream, cereal, or pancakes!