I’m Alissa Wilbur! Author and Parenting/Lifestyle Blogger at www.batblifestyle.com ~ I'm a mother, writer, crafter, designer and lover to a rocket scientist. I enjoy eating donuts, fashion, photography, kindness, espresso, reading happy books, making forts with my toddler on the living room floor, going on adventures and dancing around the kitchen.
March 06, 2014
Spending hours in the kitchen is nothing new for Harper and me! I grew up with my hair on the top of my head while wearing a messy apron, standing alongside my grandmothers and mother. I've had the pleasure baking and learning recipes since the age of two and I couldn't be more thrilled to have already introduced Harper to this important part of my life. We are often baking cookies so I knew exactly how we could tie it all together! A read & do was exactly what we needed!
Harper loves chocolate chip cookies, probably more than that sweet little mouse in the story. She's my chocolate cookie monster. Harper giggled the entire time we read the book, saying, "Oh you silly Mouse!" and giving him kisses throughout the story. She also enjoyed sipping her glass of milk. She'd stop after every bite and say, "SO GOOD MAMA! YUM!" while rubbing her belly! I have always used the Nestle TOLL HOUSE Chocolate Chip recipe, which is included below! We danced and sang the entire time we were in the kitchen. It was such a fun bonding experience for us. My favorite lady.
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 large eggs
• 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLé® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
• Preheat over to 375° F.
• Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto non-greased baking sheets.
• Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. After they are finished cooling enjoy with a tall glass of milk!